The badge designer allows you to customize the badge layout and styling, using a layer style positioning of elements, to enable compatibility with a wide array of printing hardware and design needs.
You can select from a variety of user-generated content, such as real name, badge ID, badge name, and attendance tier.
Using the badge designer currently requires the
system:badgedesign:read permission. Creating / updating badge designs additionally requires the
Creating a new design
To facilitate designing and testing new layouts, you can create an unlimited number of badge designs, using the following steps:
- Navigate to your event website, then click "Housekeeping" from the left-hand sidebar.
- Click "Settings" from the left-hand sidebar, then "Badge Designer" from the top menu.
- Click the green plus (add) button.
- Enter a name for the design in the "Display Name" field.
- Under "Details" choose the artboard size for your design, in inches:
- X and Y: The margin of the artboard from the left and top (respectively).
- Width and Height: The maximum width and height of the customizable artboard.
- Customize the design by adding additional nodes (layer groups) and text.
- Once you've finished your design, click "Save".
Exporting / importing designs
You can easily export or import a design by opening an existing design or following the instructions above to create a new design, and selecting "Export" or "Import" from the top menu bar.
Badge design files are stored in JSON format and can be freely shared.
If you have your badges pre-printed with background art through a third-party service, you can enable this option add an additional artboard behind the design.
This is useful for checking the positioning of your design elements to avoid overprinting, and quickly previewing the design across different background art.
Use of this feature requires uploading at least one Badge Art image to the system.
- Static content (such as fixed text and background images), rear-side / double-sided printing, and use of Product Options is not yet supported.
- Currently only printer hardware connected through the operating system print dialog is supported. Direct print support for Zebra printers will be supported in the future.
- Due to browser limitations, you may need to pre-configure the print dialog to use the correct Paper Size, Scaling, and to disable Headers and Footers.